Out Boulder County’s Longmont and Boulder Pride t-shirt design contest
Out Boulder County is pleased to announce our first ever design contest for our official Longmont and Boulder Pride t-shirts! We call on any and all folks who are passionate about the LGBTQ community, as well as our organization and the work being done in Boulder County. Become a contributor towards 2018’s Pride events by showing us your amazing creativity! The contest will run from January 10th through March 31st. Winners will be announced April 1.
We look forward to seeing the wonderful designs honoring Pride, our local community, the work we do, and LGBTQ folks everywhere. While the design is open to your imagination, please include either “Longmont Pride 2018”, or “Boulder Pridefest 2018” depending on the event you are submitting your design for.
For complete contest details and rules, please see below.
THE GRAND PRIZE
The grand prize winner(s) will receive:
- $300 cash prize
- $50 gift-card towards restaurant of your choice within Boulder County (some exceptions may apply)
- Apparel featuring the artist’s winning design
- Special recognition via ad printed in local media outlets
- Special recognition via Out Boulder County’s website, newsletter, and social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Prizes may also be awarded to other outstanding submissions. All participants will receive a special token of appreciation for participating.
Thank you to our Gran Prize Sponsor!
All entrants must submit designs that adhere to the following:
- No copyrighted images may be used. If photos or original artwork is involved, Out Boulder County will need written permission by the image owner to reproduce the design for the purposes of resale.
- You may submit designs for Longmont Pride 2018 which takes place in June, and/or Boulder Pridefest 2018 which will take place in September.
- The winning designs will become the sole property of Out Boulder County to be used in all media in perpetuity, at Out Boulder County’s discretion.
- Designs should be submitted at high resolution (300 DPI for a 10’’x10’’ space on the T-shirt front) as either an EPS or PNG file.
- Artwork is being accepted for the front of the T-shirt only.
- Please specify if designs are to be placed on a white or color shirt. Color options include, navy blue, indigo, salmon pink, gray, and black. Minor adjustments may be made to designs in order to accommodate design guidelines for printing on a dark shirt.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to Gregory Giovannetti, Out Boulder County’s Pride and Special Projects Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line if your design is for Boulder or Longmont Pride.
- Your design will be judged on creativity, relevancy to the climate for the LGBTQ population, as well as its relevance to the city it is representing (Boulder or Longmont).
- Out Boulder County community members, specifically, are encouraged to participate but all are welcome to submit a design.
- No one person may submit more than two designs per event. (You may submit two designs for Boulder Pridefest and two for Longmont Pride)
All inquiries regarding the contest can be directed to Juan Moreno at email@example.com.
The selection of the contest winner is the sole decision of Out Boulder County and its staff and board. Each entrant consents to allowing Out Boulder County to publicize their name via social media, unless designer wishes to remain anonymous. Winning designs become the sole property of Out Boulder County, and Out Boulder County reserves the exclusive right to sell apparel featuring designs royalty-free. You agree that your submission may be posted on Out Boulder County’s website as well as social media handles and that Out Boulder County reserves the right to reject any outside usage if that usage is deemed to pose a material or reputational harm to Out Boulder County. By entering submissions, entrants certify that their design does not violate copyright, trademark or other rights held by third-parties.