Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $16 to $17 per hour
Benefits: Personal Time Off, Holidays, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability
Reports to: Special Events Manager
Our Mission: We educate, advocate and provide services, programs and support to Boulder County’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities (LGBTQ).
Description of the Work: The Online Content and Special Events Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of important projects related to organizational and event marketing, and event production. This position will be responsible for all details of OBC events, including administrative, management, and relationship-building.
Day to day tasks will change as events change but will generally include:
● Manage Google Drive to maintain lists of Pride vendors, sponsors, and all event details
● Update and manage web content and social media updates for all OBC staff including Google Adwords
Collect stories, information and produce OBC’s weekly newsletter
● Maintain and foster relationships with outside vendors, sponsors, and entertainers
● Order supplies, prepare tabling materials, set up, and oversee all event details
● Ensure compliance with city requirements and ordinances
● Attend events outside of normal work hours
● Committed and enthusiastic about Out Boulder County’s mission and programs with knowledge of LGBTQ communities and issues; Equipped to work with diverse individuals
● Straightforward and self-assured; one who shares information readily; listens as well as gives advice and respects the abilities of others; diplomatic and empathic
● Creative and adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through; highly energetic and able to balance multiple competing priorities
● A team player; able to work cohesively with others and perform related tasks effectively.
● Healthy in relational skills. One who listens well, speaks respectfully and assertively, honors diverse perspectives, patient, and honest
● Energetic and willing to work flexible shifts, including some nights and weekends;
● Emotionally mature with a sense of humor to maintain balance.
Qualifications Experience with office work and vast experience with social media and web page management. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required. Computer proficiency required, including but not limited to the ability to effectively use Google products, Microsoft products, and social media websites. Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop. Ability to work independently and efficiently. Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally for short periods of time, work at a computer for three hours, tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day.Preference for an individual who is bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently. Experience in graphic design preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Out Boulder County is an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
How to Apply Send a resume and cover letter and references to Juan Moreno firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to apply is December 31, 2018